H/T Crooks And Liars
Crooks and Liars has this story today about the Republican plan to better their image. Can you guess what their plan is? You're right!
1. Make shit up - Marketing
2. Avoid Responsibility - Blame the Democrats
C&L quotes the following from Roll Call " After months working behind the scenes, House Republican leaders this week will finally start rolling out their rebranding effort aimed at rallying the party around a comprehensive policy and message agenda.
Titled “Reasons to Believe,” the plan is meant to provide House Republicans with a sales pitch to voters by focusing on four issue areas: the economy, energy, health care and security.
Leaders will present the package Wednesday at the weekly meeting of the Republican Conference.
Remember the big fucking lie they gave us last time? The Contract With America
? Well this is a new and improved big fucking lie.
The Republican plan is to take a big steaming pile of shit, on a plate, then garnish it with some curly parsley, a high calorie Lieberman Potato, some John Boehner Sauce and tell us it's a Ribeye Steak!
Obviously, they've already fooled their target audience, the Republican Leaders that paid for this stupid farce. they'll probably fool the 28 percenters that blame Bill Clinton for everything that has happened the last eight years.
So let's guess what slogans they might be using.
* Tired of low gas prices, under Republican Leadership, they are New and Improved!
* Republicans are bringing Americans more leisure time, by killing jobs and shipping those nasty things overseas.
* Thanks to the Republican Party, now every can relive the Great Depression, just like Grandpa an Grandma did!
* In the Republican Party, "Freedom's Just Another Word, For Nothin' Left To Lose".
* Republicans, can do magic tricks! Watch your pension disappear!
* We don't know economics, but neither do economists!
* Vote Republican and we'll put a terrorist under every bed.
* Listening to your phone calls, so the terrorists don't have to!
Ok folks! It's your turn!