Sunday, March 13, 2011

Loan Sharks

I wasted several hours at a local car dealership yesterday. The car I was originally interested in, was of course, already sold. So I was on the verge of buying a slightly older car with more miles and features I didn't care about, for a similar price.

Everything seemed fine when working with the sales people. They worked out an interest rate and payment plan that was within my budget.

Then we get to the final guy as a 'formality'. Turns out the Welfare Whore Maggot Bankers that are still stealing hundreds of billions of dollars of public money, wanted 12.5% - 18% in loan shark interest. The humorless finance guy with a crappy demeanor, explained in so many words that the shittier the car, the more the bankers want to rape the customers. Cheaper cars cost much more than expensive cars.

Screw the thieves. They are still stealing my money through my tax dollars. I'm not volunteering to give them a bigger cut of my pay for no good reason. For no fracking reach around...

Screw Them.

I'm back to looking at bicycles. I'll fix my POS van.

4 Comments:

At 6:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That sucks. I paid an 18% apr for a a year then refinanced down to 9% once upon a time but you can't rely on that strategy to work every time. You could very well be better off putting a rebuilt engine & transmission in your existing van. I would also keep a feeler out among people you know that you may be in the market for a beater.

 
At 8:19 AM, Blogger Weaseldog said...

Thanks Edgar.

I've already got a beater though. It just needs the anti-lock brakes fixed to get it back on the road.

My wife wanted a non-beater vehicle.

 
At 9:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Back in the day doing a brake job was a great excuse to drink beer and hang out with the buds. Nowadays it is just another chore.

 
At 7:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

(fed ded hed) Dudley faced persistent questions from the audience on food inflation. The president of the Federal Reserve Bank of New York said people forget that even as the price of food is rising, other prices are falling. He mentioned the price of the iPad 2, prompting guffaws from the audience.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home