Thursday, January 24, 2008

Me And Spider

This is me and Spider (Drew Minshew) at the White Elephant Saloon in Fort Worth.
I'm the heavy guy on guitar. Spider is playing the harmonica.

I wrote this song a few years ago. It inspired by a comment I read about how all the world's oil could fit in a river a few feet deep, fifteen feet wide and flowing at a walking pace. I thought that was a great metaphor.



Black River
Words and music by
Jack Dingler

I live my life on Black River
That’s the kind of life I have led
I spent my days on Black River
That’s how I kept my family fed.

Refrain
Now the tide won’t rise on black river
And they say it’s due to decline
I can’t wrap my thoughts around that
It’s too much for my troublin’ mind

It was once, such a wild thing
Struggling against the earth to be free
Now it’s such a shy thing
We must coax it gingerly

They say nuthin’ can last forever
And they say this too shall pass
I look out on to vlack river
And I wonder how long this can last

They say black river will last forever
It will just cost more to take a drink
They say there will always be a black river
What else could anyone think?

Now I look on in morbid disbelief
At the things that my fellow man has done
I look to the East and I see the rising sun
And I know our day has just begun.

They say black river will last forever
It will just cost more to take a drink
They say there will always be a black river
What else could anyone think?

3 Comments:

At 9:22 AM, Blogger pissed off patricia said...

Dude! Well who knew you were so talented? Thank you so much for sharing this with me. What a rare treat!

 
At 9:31 AM, Blogger Weaseldog said...

Thanks Patricia. :)

I almost didn't go. It was short notice and Spider twisted my arm.

I'm glad I did now. :)

 
At 2:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have a good heart dude. Peace be with you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home