Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Mandelbrot

Just playing around with math. I had played around with fractals back in the days of DOS. After seeing some stunning 3D images of MandelBulbs, I thought I'd play around with this stuff for a bit.

I wrote a little Mandelbrot explorer program that pans and zooms. Here's an example image it created.



And another...



You can download this program at:
MandelBrot1.zip

You may need to run the Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 SP1 Redistributable Pack to run this program.

6 Comments:

At 1:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Impressive.

 
At 5:55 PM, Blogger Jacob Gittes said...

it's fun to zoom in on those, isn't it

 
At 2:21 PM, Blogger trog69 said...

Publius, it takes a whole lotta computing power to run those zooms, from what I gather.

These look really cool, Weaseldog.

 
At 6:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Weaseldog, have you seen the 2010 Visual Studio beta release yet?

 
At 8:34 PM, Blogger Weaseldog said...

Those zooms would've taken many hours to many days to process on the old DOS systems. When I was first playing around with those, I'd often leave the system running overnight.

I haven't seen the 2010 release yet. Is it dramatically different than 2008?

 
At 6:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know. I downloaded it, but haven't had time to work with it yet. I was hoping you would know, LOL!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home