Tuesday, February 09, 2010

Moving On from TAE

He who will not be named, blasted me for not being hard enough on the TAE commentators. Frankly I haven't seen much harm in what they do.

If their sin is that they focus on issues that are less pertinent to our real crisis, some in their audience at least, will give us an occasional reminder.

I think I see what Anonymous is bothered by. Stoneleigh is going on tour and folks are fawning all over themselves to get her to come to their country/state/town etc...

Big deal.

Is that something to get bothered by?

Would Anonymous like to go on tour?

Heck, would anyone want Weaseldog to go on tour? If so, stock up on Isle of May Scotch, and be prepared to put up with a obstreperous middle aged fart. Hrmmm, that might look good on a brochure!

One Night Only! The Obstreperous Middle Aged Fart! In Person!

I had a chance to get into the Peak Oil speaking circuit. I was encouraged back in 2000 to write a book on it. The more I thought on it though, the more that this seemed like a fruitless enterprise. IT was my belief by that time, that the 1970s were our last opportunity to make the changes, that would avert the worst of the upcoming crisis. If I believed that, what kind of book would I be writing? "2001 Ways To Know You're Screwed" or "The End Of Oil And You".

Ultimately, any such book would write would be woefully short, and end in gloom. Much like Greyzone's new article, "Wither Human Population".

Ilargi and Stoneleigh are welcome to fill the celebrity doomer void. I don't think hope matters enough any more, to worry that it is a destructive force. Which some of you may remember my previous arguments on. It's no worse than mixing alcohol and fast cars. We're all checking out sometime. We might as well go out partying like it's 1999!

For me, I've got a garden to start, chickens to care for. I need to keep my focus on constructive activities.

If I do wish to chase the spotlight, then you may find me on stage performing old songs in darkened bars.

May the road rise to meet you
May the wind be always at your back
The sun shine warm upon your face
The rains fall soft upon your fields
And until we meet again,
May God hold you in the hollow of his hand.

3 Comments:

At 1:05 PM, Blogger Kitty said...

Bittersweet...

 
At 5:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i do not crave fame or recognition at all. being inconspicuous is what makes my life more pleasant than celebrity. i love anonymity and walking among the masses incognito.

 
At 4:27 AM, Blogger Bukko Boomeranger said...

I don't know what the rest of her West Coast tour was like, but when Mrs. Bukko and I met Stoneleigh, there were only three other people there. ("JAL," a 60-ish guy who works part-time as an entertainer at old folks' homes, and "Reuben," a 30-ish boho bloke who works for a local government promoting recycling projects. Plus Reuben brought his girlfriend.) Hardly a scene of wild adulation, just a lot of chatter. And Stoneleigh is not one of these dominating personalities, just a mild-mannered teacher type who speaks in a soft voice. Too mellow to be a cult leader. I too can't see what this anonymous is bugged about, or jealous of.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home