Friday, March 03, 2006

Bush Says We Should Not Protect Our Economy

As Bush tours India and promotes nuclear proliferation, he's had some interesting things to save about outsourcing and the damage it is doing to our economy.

"Some people believe the answer to this problem is to wall off our economy from the world through protectionist policies. I strongly disagree."

"The United States will not give into the protectionists and lose these opportunities," Bush said.

"For the sake of workers in both our countries, America will trade with confidence."


So protecting jobs and our economy is something Bush won't consider in any way, shape or form. He is against any action that will slow or deter the further erosion of the US Economy and the race to the bottom.

Instead, wants the government subsidized rape our our well being, our economy and our livilihoods by contuing anti-American policies that encourage outsourcing, the flight of capital and businesses to other countries.

Protection of our jobs, our ecoomy and our businesses is something that Bush is steadfast in preventing.

And with Katrina, it's clear he doesn't even want our lives and cities protected.

Further, Bush goes on to describe the dictarship in Pakistan as a democracy.

"I believe that a prosperous, democratic Pakistan will be a steadfast partner for America a peaceful neighbor for India and a force for freedom and moderation in the Arab world."

Or is he just blowing wind? Is he asking Pakistan to change it's government from a military dictatorship to a democracy or just trying to trick us into thinking a miliatry dictatorship is a democracy?

Perhaps Bush believes that military dicatorships are democratic governments? That must be it.

Still he's a media darling. The press loves him. They still line up to fawn over him and lick his privates.

And people ask me why I'm pessimistic about how we'll deal with Peak Oil? We are dealing with Peak Oil. This is how our government and our leaders have chosen to prepare. This is as good as it gets. And no, don't expect a reach around.

5 Comments:

At 12:13 PM, Blogger Weaseldog said...

Ignorance is always daring?

I've noticed that too. I'm disappointed at times at what I put in my blog. Mostly because after I've published, I've learned something throught the process and my thoughts are clearer.

Also, on JHK's blog, I'm writing in a limited context. On my blog, I worry that there's no continuity. When I read some articles back to myself, they sometimes seem forced.

I think I need to slow down and do little adjustments through the day in draft form, rather than post so hastily.

And thank you for your comments.

Muchas gracias Senor Veso Solamente.

 
At 12:58 PM, Blogger scott said...

hey I love your blog jack.
I hope to see more comments by you on more things, but I am not the one to complain.
anyway I am tagging you , passing on a 'four things' tag.
see my blog for details.
love scott

 
At 1:15 PM, Blogger Weaseldog said...

Oh, I think I know who El Veso Solamente is. And his comments were taken as constructive. I believe they weren't meant to be helpful. I read them in that spirit.

I didn't suspect you Scott, your writing style is different.

I read your challenge on your blog, before I got your email. I check your blog daily.

I'll be thinking about it.

I've seen the Vuelta a EspaƱa on video in the past, though I don't remember which year's races. It looks like wonderful country to cycle through.

I understand that Lance Armstrong wanted to quit the TDF several times, so he could train for that race instead. But most Americans don't know that there are other European races and his sponsors didn't see the point in backing him in a race that wouldn't be watched in the US.

I haven't been on a bike in a few years. I have a Trek 1100. The Vredestein tires are due to be replaced.

 
At 11:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

weaseldog, I think your blog essays are fine--except, dude, don't hold back so much. Tell us what you =really= think. ;-) Yeah, we'll never see a Watergate-type journalistic coup again. They're all asslickers now.

 
At 1:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bush II is a symptom of everything that is wrong with this country. Spoiled little frat boy who has had everything handed to him, skates through life, and ends up president of the United States of America! Too many frat boys with not a lick of common sense or decency are treating this country and the treasury like their own personal bank account. No wonder the rest of the world has a low opinion of this country. The stupidest, laziest, most incompetent boobs always end up in power.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home