Bush Takes Credit
Crooks And Liars has a video segment of the Bush press conference. View it here.
The press conference was allgedly going to cover the wonderful state of the US economy, but that speech got pre-empted by a foiled terrorist plot that Bush takes credit for.
So far the facts seem to be.
1. Pakistan, run by a brutal repressive regime, that tortures people and allows Al Queda to operate within it's borders, arrested some people.
2. Those people gave up the names of people they know in England.
3. In England, those people are arrested for an alleged terrorist plot, as recounted by Pakistani officials.
4. Someone in England called someone in the US to tell them about it.
5. Bush makes a speech and takes credit for the whole thing.
So far, as the news is reporting, it doesn't seem that England has come up with any evidence supporting the alleged plot. So far all of that information comes from a government that hates freedom and tortures it's own people.
There could've been a real plot. If so, we'll hear more about it as evidence is uncovered.
I think the odds are, that this story will fade away.