Monday, February 18, 2008

Downer Cows, It's What's For Dinner

Here are the Humane Society Videos on the Westland/Hallmark Meat Co. Slaughterhouse scandal.

Note that the USDA says that these cows have been entering our food supply for some time. Though they are diseased and may be infected with Mad Cow Disease, the USDA insists that their meat is safe to eat.

"We don't know how much product is out there right now. We don't think there is a health hazard, but we do have to take this action," said Dr. Dick Raymond, USDA Undersecretary for Food Safety.

We've come to a pretty sick day when the USDA insists that diseased meat is safe for human consumption.

Warning Graphic Content!



5 Comments:

At 3:50 PM, Blogger Akubi said...

I don't eat meat for this very reason, but this is simply appalling and inhumane - and posted on the same topic today despite the fact that I'm on vacation and trying to relax and avoid thinking about how f-ed up everything is.
Any luck with your lost dogs?

 
At 4:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Appalling. I can assure you that many of the cattle I have seen and been around here are very happy and healthy. Yes, they get antibiotics, but none of that stuff like in the video. I am going to see if I can't find a local butcher who does a better job, I am not going total vegetarian.

 
At 12:08 PM, Blogger pissed off patricia said...

I cannot watch the video. I have been trying like hell to avoid seeing it on tv. I did read the story and it was so horrible. Those guys who were doing this to those animals should receive the same treatment the next time they are sick.

 
At 12:45 PM, Blogger Weaseldog said...

Here's a link for you Buzz.

http://www.oklahomafood.coop/

 
At 2:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks weaseldog!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home