Saturday, February 02, 2008

Lost Dogs

Yesterday, all three of my dogs got loose. I went looking for them minutes later and couldn't find them.

We've been to the pound and filed a lost dog report.

They've never run off without coming back in a half hour or so.

After walking and driving for miles around the neighborhood I've learned that other people have similar stories to tell. I've also learned that there is a pit bull ring working in Irving, kidnapping dogs to train their pit bulls with. They use friendly dogs when teaching their pit bulls to kill, so that their pit bull won't be injured.

I don't believe my dogs are coming back. It's hard to write this. I keep expecting them to come in and try coax me away from the keyboard with a ball or chew toy.

Ella, Teaser and Chipmunk, I miss you guys.

6 Comments:

At 8:02 PM, Blogger Wiglaf said...

I've also learned that there is a pit bull ring working in Irving, kidnapping dogs to train their pit bulls with. They use friendly dogs when teaching their pit bulls to kill, so that their pit bull won't be injured.

Never heard of such a thing before ... but sounds likely enough considering H. Sapiens.

: (

 
At 10:06 PM, Blogger Weaseldog said...

A few years ago, I saw a news broadcast on this topic. It showed footage from a raid. There were piles of dog carcasses with collars and tags. You could see a variety of dogs killed in pit bull training, including poodles and chihuahuas.

Human beings can be depraved.

 
At 6:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you get them back weaseldog.

 
At 3:53 AM, Blogger pissed off patricia said...

Oh god, I hope by the time you read this they will be back. My heart is breaking for you.

 
At 12:23 PM, Blogger Akubi said...

That's so awful. I hope they return safely. It disgusts me that people could be so cruel.

 
At 1:08 AM, Blogger Weaseldog said...

Thanks everyone. I'm up late, unable to sleep. I've been reading about Bunchers. People who steal dogs for profit. The USDA evidently licenses people to collect dogs and turns a blind eye when they do it illegally.

I am feeling so sick.

I don't believe I'll ever see my dogs again.

I bought a pup today. He's an unregistered Catahoula. At six weeks he weighs easily 9lbs.

He's helping to fill the void, but still...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home