Monday, October 06, 2008

Michael Ruppert On Credit And Debt

I find myself in a situation again, where I don't have much to say. For a decade now, I've been harping on my theories of how the breakdown from Peak Oil will play out. I have been dismayed again and again, that these events are as predictable as they have been. I've been off on a detail here and there, but the trend continues. Some of you likely remember when I argued that the housing boom would finish with a bail out.

I'm not special, or psychic. I simply try to find patterns in history and understand what drives them. Long ago I learned that life doesn't care what I think about it. Things happen, whether I like them or not. I think this is a lesson that people had to learn the hard way during the Great Depression.

Most of the arguments I've gotten through the years, to any of my prognostications is that people don't like what I say. It's not a matter of whether they make sense, or whether they are logical, that doesn't matter. The gut reaction is to recoil, because an examination of our path is unpleasant.

Friends often would ask me for advice. Thank me. Do what they already wanted to do. Then tell me they should have listened. Or tell me I was right, but for the wrong reasons, so I was wrong. So I don't give out advice much anymore.

I'm just the kooky neighbor with a garden and chickens.

And I've added 20 new chicks. I got 21, but one escaped, got through the fence, and the dog got it before I could. We may be roasting a 50lb dog if these keeps up...

It's been a week and we haven't lost anymore. This time I got full sized birds. The daddy of the Blue Laced Red Wyndottes weighed 14lbs. I'll keep a rooster or two out of that set. This should keep the cats out, and keep the dogs from causing many more problems.

We'll get too many roosters, so I'll be eating a few. This might be a good winter to be planning meals like this in advance.

Anyhooo...
Michael Ruppert weighs in on the current economic breakdown and what to do.

Part 1


Part 2


Part 3

8 Comments:

At 3:49 AM, Blogger CrankyOleBroad said...

I only heard about peak oil in the last eight months or so. My ex husband always knew this next great banking crisis was coming though.

I'm amazed at how few of my friends and acquaintances understand we're in for a very rough ride.

 
At 4:27 AM, Blogger Weaseldog said...

History shows us that when a civilization has begun exhausting it's resources, it engages in increasingly self destructive behaviour.

Essentially it becomes desperate for another fix.

I think that any thinker, that wasn't caught up in our financial gambling frenzy could see the economic signs as they appeared. Plenty did.

Unfortunately we don't representatives that do think. They are caught up in the moment. Living on emotion. Bubble Grow Good, Bubble Pop Bad.

Last night, even Jonathon Stewart on the Daily Show picked up on this. He did a short skit on Palin and McCain, based on their pleas that we don't examine how we got into our messes, to just look to the future.

As Jonathon put it, when you don't know how you got here, then everything that happens is a surprise.

It seems a large segment of out population lives this way. Just sleep walking through life, living like a machine, reacting to surprises that came out of nowhere.

Certainly our Congressmen and Senators for the most part live this way.

 
At 4:28 AM, Blogger Weaseldog said...

And welcome CrankyOleBroad. :)

 
At 11:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, Weaseldog! Just saw your comment on my SessionsWatch blog, and wanted to pass along this information about a debate between Pete Sessions and challenger Eric Roberson. Sorry for the late notice--I just found out a few minutes ago myself!

DATE: October 8, 2008
TIME: 7:00 pm to 8:30 pm
LOCATION: Spring Creek Elementary School
7667 Roundrock 75248
(near Meandering Way and Arapaho)

Tell everybody you know to come with questions--it'll be townhall format.

 
At 2:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi wease!

the reason no-one listens to us is because of our shiny hat. ;)

best

 
At 9:13 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

You're right, Wease. That's one (out of many) things that rubs me the wrong way about Mooselini. She's always talking about not looking back. If you don't know where you've been, you'll never know when you're running in circles.

 
At 6:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Wease,
6 came out on Wednesday...
http://www.backyardaquaponics.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4282

 
At 12:09 PM, Blogger Weaseldog said...

Thanks for stopping by Uncle Yarra!

So where did your blog go to?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home