Wednesday, September 17, 2008

A Depressing Email.

I got myself into a private argument with a person that believes that the US has more than enough oil to supply our growth needs for a long time.

I try to argue using basic math, and show as Bartlett did how the exponential function proves that large swings in supply, make little difference in the date of the peak. I discussed how these curves are simple and based on the same basic math used in to calculate mortgage schedules.

He argued previously that oil experts have disproved the exponential function and the math it is based on.

I told him that he is uneducated and innumerate. That's what he's referring to on the name calling.

This is my last response from him. This is very chilling as it demonstrates the depth of ignorance of many of my fellow Americans.

As our nation falls apart and as we drill faster and deeper and crisis worsens, these folks will cling to the faith that God will pee into wellheads and refill them, so that we can go on with consumeristic lifestyles.

Eating and consuming faster and faster is the American plan. We will consume our way to energy independence. Oil will never run out, because God is refilling the oil fields.

Here is his scary message.

LOL take it easy! Just remember that you sent me a private message first, you took this debate out of the public video comments and
made this debate private! Math is your solution? Yes math can be infinite, but humans are not! But can you prove to me that oil is finite?
No, no one can't! And even your hero Hubbert is a laughing stock! I remember reading about this man back in my science class (High School)
and read about the "Hubbert curve" and I remember when he had predicted wrongly (like you) that U.S. oil would peak sometime
between 1965 and 1970. In 1970, U.S. oil production was at an all-time high and Hubbert was immediately dismissed and forgotten! LOL.
Bartlett is nothing more than like these silly environmentalists conspiracy theory knuckleheads that fool people like yourself!
Your math ain't (Weaseldog) adding up, no matter how much you may copy and paste from opinions of others and NOT yours!

I certainly have a desire to learn, but I also have a desire not to listen to people who believe in conspiracy theories like Bartlett and the likes
of silly people like you who more than likely don't even believe in a God. I have been nothing but polite with you, and even when you started
your name calling witch is very childish on your part. I will leave you with words from a famous oil expert:

Abdallah S. Jum’ah, president and CEO of Aramco, the Saudi Arabian state-owned oil company, said:
"The world has only consumed about 18 percent of its conventional potential.’ We’ve heard this ‘chicken little’ stuff for years and there is
still plenty of oil.” “God has designed the earth so that oil will replenish itself and our energy needs will be met. For example, the Eugene Island
oil field off the coast of Louisiana is refilling itself. The earth will produce enough oil to power our economy until God shows us how to use the
next energy source he has provided us with.”


And another...

ak or no peak, Hubbert was wrong then and now.

How am I poorly educated? I am a New York University graduate with a business and computer technician degree.
What exactly is your background? You continue to state opinions from your heroes but you don't state your own opinions!
I told you, I do not care what conspiracy theorists believe, do you know what a theory is? Simply put an idea that cannot be proven fact!
You cannot prove that oil is finite can you? No! No one can! Your so called observations regarding me are completely distorted!
Distorted in the fact that I am yet to agree with your beliefs, I don't and I will NOT until you can show me that oil is finite!
Now this was a good debate, but it wont get anywhere because you have these mathematical predictions.
And these typical mathematical predictions never ever add up in the end, like remember Y2K? LOL.

Good luck in whatever you choose to do about energy crisis.

6 Comments:

At 1:34 PM, Blogger billie said...

we are the minority for sure. there was a time when i would have fought tooth and nail for this country- not anymore. my thoughts these days are to hunker down with survival skills and live as best i can without interactions with people like the one you corresponded with. in my heart, i feel that it will be justice served and ok when the earth finally says enough. asshats like the willfully ignorant person you emailed- and the millions like them- will use and consume their way into starvation and disease. and hopefully, by that time, i will be dead and not suffering because of the shortsightedness and selfishness of the so- called christians.

 
At 6:39 AM, Blogger Weaseldog said...

I think I'm done conversing with this person.

He's made it clear that he believe that matter and energy are spontaneously created in the Earth to produce oil faster than we can use it.

This occurs because God wants it to happen.

I couldn't find any common ground with him some very basic math techniques though he claims to have a degree in business and a degree as a computer technician. I didn't know that you could major as a computer technician.

He can't calculate interest or produce a mortgage schedule. He says that these math concepts have been disproven by oil industry experts.

i asked why he didn't just say that he was an astronaut or a famous movie star, and that snide remark went over his head.

It's a common tactic for trolls to claim to be a figure of some authority when their arguments and rhetoric are shown to be false. I've learned not to bother with telling anyone in such conversations what my qualifications are. What's the point? Why should anyone believe me? It's better to just let my statements stand on their own.

He doesn't get that. He doesn't understand basic math, so he had to brag that he's a business major.

I gave him a challenge earlier, to show what US consumption would look like over ten years (assuming 2% growth), and what it would take to ramp up US Production to match that in ten years. I thought this would be relatively easy for him. It wasn't.

 
At 9:47 AM, Blogger Dave Dubya said...

Haw, Haw! Librools sure are dum!

You librools can't PROVE Bush is not a jenius, or thet Rush is not a profit from God.

Yup, yup. Haw, haw.

 
At 12:22 PM, Blogger Mariamariacuchita said...

Yes, to quote the SNL Palin parody, "Global warming is just God hugging us real tight."

I no longer try to change anyone's mind when they are entrenched in their position. Just a waste of time. Instead, I'm working voter registration. Or at the Food pantry. Whatever....works.

 
At 6:04 PM, Blogger The Screaming Weasel said...

It's best to leave the terminally ignorant alone. They just waste your time.

 
At 4:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Comrade Weaseldog,
You talk verging crimethink!
Right-wing Doublethink is double-plusgood duckspeak prolefeed!

(it's uncle yarra, by the way, good to see you back at CFN)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home