Friday, August 21, 2009

Mad City Chickens.

Earlier I promised a review of Mad City Chickens. After seeing it though, I don't have too much to say about it...

It was a good film. Pretty typical of what we've seen the last few years as a documentary on various social movements. It covered a few different aspects of backyard chickens from McMurray hatchery to some folks trying their hand for the first time in keeping chickens.

The film focused on Madison Wisconsin and the surrounding towns and contained interviews of some folks that are keeping chickens illegally.

It also had a little short interspersed of a mad scientist and a giant chicken, rampaging the city. I don't know that this added any value to the film. I wouldn't have missed it, if it had been left out.

Overall the film is worth seeing. For myself it was a good excuse to go to a local nursery, meet some folks and pick up a few herbs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home